ERDDAP has an email/URL subscription system so that you can be notified immediately whenever
a dataset changes (for example, whenever new data is added to a near-real-time dataset).The system can send you an email or contact a URL that you specify.
See also this comparison
with ERDDAP's RSS subscription service.
- ERDDAP will store the information that you provide, including your email address.
- ERDDAP will treat the information that you provide as confidential and will not release it to
- These subscriptions have nothing to do with getting the actual data (see
ERDDAP's home page).
- ERDDAP is very good at detecting changes to gridded datasets because it can detect when
the axis values (e.g., the time values) change.
- ERDDAP is not very good at detecting changes to tabular datasets because there are usually
no changes to the metadata when new data is added.
- ERDDAP will detect if a dataset becomes unavailable (but perhaps not immediately).
ERDDAP will immediately detect when that dataset becomes available again.
- No one and no organization associated with this ERDDAP makes any promises about the
suitability, reliability, or correctness of this service
(see ERDDAP's DISCLAIMERS).
Your request to add a subscription had one or more errors:
- You didn't specify your email address.
Don't abuse this system by entering someone else's email address or a fake email address!
If you do, you may be blocked from using ERDDAP.
Or, you can request an email with a
list of your valid and pending subscriptions.